Use our step-by-step guide to planning a wedding at the Eden Project so that you don't worry about the details on your special day.
Things to do once you have booked your wedding
- Contact the St Austell Registrar’s Office on 0300 1234181 to book them to conduct the ceremony.
- Contact local hotels to try and secure accommodation (the sooner you do this the better rate you are likely to get). Please ask our team for our highly recommended hotels.
- Contact bands and DJs as they tend to get booked up well in advance.
- Contact photographers as the really good ones are often booked up well in advance.
Six months before your wedding day
- Contact cake suppliers to book an appointment to view/taste cakes.
- Give notice for marriage as per information from the St Austell Registrar.
- Send out a 'save the date' card to your guests.
Three months before your wedding day
- Send out wedding invitations and include important information about weddings at Eden:
- No real flowers can be worn due to the risk of plant cross-contamination.
- No confetti is permitted.
- Guests should arrive 30 minutes before the ceremony to leave enough time to walk to the Biome from the car park.
- There is free parking at Eden and cars can be left over night at the owner's own risk.
- The Mediterranean Biome can get chilly in the evening so guests should bring a jacket.
- Meet the Eden Events Manager to confirm flower, food and drink choices.
- Return all the information required by the Registrar.
- Meet with the photographer and decide on locations for photographs around the Eden Project.
- Finalise music to be played during the ceremony, drinks reception, meal and party.
- Contact a car company to arrange transport for the day.
One month before your wedding day
- Chase any outstanding guests that have not RSVP’d.
- Confirm your rehearsal at Eden with your Event Planner. Make sure to invite your parents, bridesmaids, best man etc.
- Book a make-up and hair trial to ease stress on the day.
- Choose thank you presents.
- Confirm final guest numbers and flower requests with your Event Planner.
- Pay final balance to the Eden Project.
Two weeks before your wedding day
- Confirm any dietary requirements of guests with your Eden Events Planner.
- Confirm table plan and email it to your Events Planner.
- Confirm all bookings with photographer, transport, cake, flowers etc.
One day before your wedding day
- Attend your rehearsal with your main wedding party and you Eden Events Planner.
- Drop off any decorations, table plans, items for the table and bunting at Eden.
- Drop off any wine/Champagne you are supplying at Eden.
On your wedding day
- Enjoy yourselves in the knowledge that the Eden Events Team have everything under control!