Visiting with kids
- Plenty to entertain kids throughout the year
- Fun-packed seasonal events during school holidays
- Amazing play equipment
Kids’ seasonal events
We run all kinds of special events for children: see everything that's happening at Eden on our What's on page. Here’s a small sample of what we offer during the year:
- Spring: Find out the fascinating story of chocolate and, of course, eat it at our Easter holiday event. And ride SkyWire - England's longest zip wire - over our Biomes (age and weight restrictions apply).
- Summer: We've always got loads to do over the summer - with seasonal programmes throughout the school holidays. Other attractions that kids love in the summer include our Rainforest Canopy Walkway and our SkyWire zip wire.
- Autumn: our Halloweden half-term event includes spooky craft activities and the Little Monsters’ Ball disco. Our beautiful ice rink also opens in the autumn.
- Winter: Our Enchanted Eden winter festival brings warmth and light to those cold winter days, and kids can meet Father Christmas and his elves, and go skating on our ice rink!
Kids also love following this Discovery Trail (PDF) around Eden at any time of the year.
They squealed with glee as the tractor-driven land train drove us down to the unmistakable massive biomes.
Tips for parents
Preparing for your visit
- Clothing and footwear: it’s a good idea for kids (especially babies) to wear layers of clothing so that they can be easily adjusted to suit the temperature. It might be much warmer in our Rainforest Biome than it is outside! Wear comfortable shoes and bring waterproofs if it's raining - there's plenty to explore outside.
- Sunburn: bring sun cream for children as there is a risk of sunburn, even inside the Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomes.
- Water: although there is a water fountain in the Rainforest Biome, you could also bring your own water because walking in the humid jungle can be thirsty work.
"We love coming to Eden with our two-year-old. She thoroughly enjoyed the storytelling this afternoon and munching on the goodies in the kid's lunchbox from the cafe."
“You gasp at the noises of nature, the singing birds, the sticky air and the authenticity of the forest environment”
When you're at Eden
- Transport around the site:
- If you don’t want to walk, free land trains will take you from the entrance to the site down the steep slopes to the Biomes, and take tired legs back up the slopes at the end of the day.
- The whole site is buggy-friendly.
- Our Accessibility Guide has useful information on things like gradients, lifts and accessibile toilets.
- Please note that scooters, skateboards and roller skates are not permitted on site.
- Food and drink: we offer a range of tasty and healthy food, as well as sweet treats, that kids love. In 2016 we topped the Soil Association's Out To Lunch league table of visitor attractions, which aimed to find the best attraction for freshly prepared, healthy and sustainable food. We offer lunchbags where kids can choose their favourite selection from a range of savoury and sweet lunchtime options. See all our kids' food options here. We try to cater for special dietary requirements, including vegetarians, vegans and gluten-free - please ask a member of staff for help choosing what to eat.
- Baby/toddler facilities: all toilet buildings have unisex baby changing facilities. All our catering outlets have high chairs and microwaves. If you need to warm a bottle for your baby just ask a member of the team. While we welcome breastfeeding across the site, if you wish to have a private and quiet space, please speak to a team member who can find you the best location on the day. This can be found on the Link Bridge (the raised walkway in the building in between the Biomes, near the information desk).
- Toilets: we’ve got 245 toilets on site! Not only do they flush with harvested rainwater, they have won several national Loo of the Year Awards.
- First aid: we have a team of first aiders and paramedics. If you need any medical assistance, please find a member of Eden staff and they will be happy to help.
- Shops: our shops feature an excellent range of sustainable toys, games, gadgets, gizmos and educational stuff for kids.
- Soft play area: toddlers love this colourful, space-themed area in the Visitor Centre, designed for under-fives.
We love this useful Day Out With The Kids blog full of tips for visiting with kids.
Questions about family visits
"My five-year-old year old loved absolutely everything. And I mean everything!"
"Excellent facilities for babies, thank you. Made our day much easier. I wish more places were like this!"